Question for MO412 - 17/04/2026

Consider the degree evolution in a network generated by the Barabási–Albert preferential attachment model with nodes following the same dynamical law and assume the continuum approximation when necessary. At time t=100, analyze the attachment probabilities.

Given parameters of the model:

  • m0=2m_0 = 2
  • m=2m = 2 

Consider the vertices:

  • vav_a with degree ka=10k_a = 10
  • vbv_b with degree kb=4k_b = 4

Analyse the following statements:

I) The probability that a new vertex connects to vav_a is approximately 0.0250.025.

II) The probability of connecting to vav_a is 2.5 times greater than connecting .

III) If both vertices had their degrees doubled, the probability of connecting to vav_a would be 1.251.25 times greater than to vbv_b.

IV) If each vertex's degree were increased by 22, a new vertex would be 2 times more likely to connect to vav_a than to vbv.

V) After 1,5001{,}500 more time steps, the expected degree of the vertex added at t=100t = 100 is 1616.

Alternatives

A) II and IV only

B) I, II and IV only

C) I, II, IV and V only

D) I and II only

E) None of the above.

Original idea by: Gabriel Talasso



Comentários

  1. Nice question, but I feel it does not bring something new to the questions we already have. I'll pass.

    ResponderExcluir

Postar um comentário

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

Question for MO412 - 06/03/2026

Question for MO412 - 03/04/2026

Question for MO412 - 08/05/2026