Question for 12/06/2026
Consider the epidemic curves shown in the figure and the concepts of SI, SIS, SIR models in complex networks.
Evaluate the following statements:
I. The Epidemic 1 curve can represent an epidemic following the SI model, the Epidemic 2 curve follows the SIS model, and the Epidemic 3 curve corresponds to the SIR model.
II. The Epidemic 1 and the Epidemic 2 curves can both represent an SIS model, differing only in their transmission and recovery rates.
III. From the endemic equilibrium observed in the Epidemic 2 curve (~66%), we can infer that the transmission rate β is approximately three times lower than the recovery rate μ, i.e., β ≈ μ/3.
Which alternative is correct?
A) Only statement I is true.
B) Only statement II is true.
C) Only statements I and II are true.
D) Only statements I and III are true.
E) None of the above.
Original idea by: Gabriel Ukstin Talasso
Nice question, but I guess we have one other question with some similarity to it. Also, please state what the curves are, even if the reader can apprehend something from the titles in the axes.
ResponderExcluir